Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Senior Software Engineer - Natural Language Processing Job


Senior Software Engineer - Natural Language Processing


Job Requisition Number: 37675

United States

New York - USA


The Role:


The Discoverability team is looking for a developer with industry experience in Natural Language Processing. Our team's mission is to help users find the right answers from the vast quantity of financial data and functionality on the Bloomberg Terminal. We use a combination of Natural Language Question Answering and search techniques to accomplish this. Our team owns a Question/Answer engine as well as a comprehensive search system.


We are looking for a highly motivated developer with extensive industry experience with Natural Language Processing. An ideal candidate would have track record of delivering high-quality software under production deadlines.


A successful applicant would help us research and implement solutions in several areas such as:

- Building a Question Answering infrastructure to provide Natural Language interfaces to various Bloomberg applications.

- Machine analyzing textual data such as articles and conversations to improve our understanding of the language specific to financial domain.

- Using NLP techniques to provide better search functionality over Bloomberg data.


Qualifications:


- Expertise in production-quality software development using C++

- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing high-quality production systems with a focus on Machine Learning and Statistical NLP techniques for entity extraction, word-sense disambiguation, information clustering etc.

- Experience developing/enhancing client-facing applications

- Strong communication skills

- Experience and interest in Search techniques is a plus


The Company:


Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.


Legal Terms:

Applicants


I agree that my submission of this employment application does not obligate the Company (Bloomberg L.P., its subsidiaries, divisions and any affiliated entities, collectively "the Company") to employ me, or to offer me employment.


I agree that if I am hired for a position in the United States of America, I will be employed on an at-will basis, which means that: (a) my employment and compensation are not guaranteed for any definite period, and can be terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice, by either the Company or myself, and (b) there is no written or oral agreement or representation that can alter my at-will status except an individual written agreement signed by the Chief Executive Officer of Bloomberg.


I agree that the information on this application (and accompanying documents, if any) is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I am responsible for ensuring that the information I submit is accurate and up-to-date. I may review or update my personal information at any time using this site or by entering a request via Careers- Feedback . I also agree that any misstatement, false information, or omission deemed significant by Bloomberg may disqualify me from consideration, and/or may be reason for discharge if discovered after an offer of employment has been extended to me.


I agree that I am not party to any agreement, or subject to any legal obligation, that would in any way restrict me, or interfere with me from fully performing the requirements of the job for which I am applying, and that I must disclose to the Company any such agreement or obligation before the Company considers my application.


I understand that if I am selected to proceed with the application process, I may be given or obtain access to non-public information that the Company considers to be of a confidential, proprietary, or trade secret nature ("Confidential Information"). I agree that I will not directly or indirectly disclose the Confidential Information to any third party, and that I will not use the Confidential Information for my own benefit or for the benefit of any third party.


In addition, I agree that if I am offered employment at Bloomberg, that such offer, and continued employment, is contingent on the results of a reference check and background investigation.


I understand that the Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer, and that the application process will be conducted in accord with applicable EEO/affirmative action requirements where the relevant position is located. I understand and agree that Bloomberg may use any personal information submitted in my application for the purpose of considering my suitability for employment, as well as for general statistical analysis and reporting purposes, including candidate activity and demographic reports. Bloomberg will process my information in compliance with applicable laws on privacy and data protection.


I agree that if Bloomberg does not employ me at this time, Bloomberg may retain and use the information that it obtains as part of the application process to consider my application later if a suitable position becomes available and, if appropriate, to refer back to this application if I apply again. If at any time I no longer want Bloomberg to consider my application for employment, I understand I must enter a request via Careers- Feedback, in which case the information will be stored securely for no more than one year from the date of notification, and access to it will only be made to the extent necessary for legal and regulatory purposes.


I understand that Bloomberg is a global company and that it will process my information on its servers in the United States of America. Bloomberg is committed to compliance with its privacy obligations and for that reason will apply the Safe Harbor Privacy Policy, to the extent applicable, when processing my information on its US servers. I further agree that if I am applying for a position outside the EEA and US, Bloomberg may also process my information on its servers in the country in which the relevant position is located and comply with the privacy legislation in that country.


I understand my information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties where required and where necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.


By continuing with this application, I voluntarily consent to the above terms, and recognize that my agreement to these terms is legally binding and enforceable to the same extent as if I had signed my name.


By clicking the 'Apply Now' button below you agree to the terms of the above Legal Statement.


Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.







News Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Search job listings to find a job online in USA - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger