Avaya is presently recruiting for an HR Business Partner to support our Professional Services Team Globally and Partner with several leaders of our NA Sales Leadership team. This position will be based out of New York City or our Santa Clara, CA facility.
Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who is able to: Act as professional, proactive, HR Business Partner bringing high added value to HR activities for the defined clients; Align and integrate HR strategies, goals and practices in order to ensure high performing employees/teams; Drive leadership development and address systemic organizational issues; Embody strong personal competencies such as influence, relationship building, and political savvy.
Specific Areas of focus for this position may include:Talent Management; Succession Planning; Sales Productivity Initiatives; Performance Acceleration
Strategic Business Partner Job Description:
- Manages the planning, development, implementation, and administration for a broad range of HR policies and programs including but not limited to: recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations and labor relations.
- Responsible for providing assistance and guidance to line management on a broad range of human resource policies, programs, and practices.
- Influences senior management to align with HR initiatives and execute a set people agenda that has already been set by a functional head.
- Advises company management in personnel policy and program matters, and recommends appropriate decisions.
- Provides solutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Ensure that HR topics are an integrated part of Business decision
- Manage change professionally by using Avaya Change methodology
- Provide feedback regarding acceptance and added value from a client/consumer perspective
- Drive key programs like Top grading, Retention of key talent, etc. as required
- Highly involved in complex upfront alignment of Business and HR Planning processes
- Complex topics needs to be resolved which requires creative solutions and a balanced judgment especially between companies needs and employees expectations
The HRBP is a key contributor to drive high performing employees/teams. Based on the nature of the job and the client’s expectations the HRBP has to be an experienced, matured HR professional with at least 5 years of HR experience ideally in High Tech companies and a solid understanding of all HR added value areas. The capability to highlight the importance of HR topics and to earn the trust and support of the business partners is essential.
- BS/MS Degree in Business/HR/OD or equivalent
- 5+ years HR experience with progressively challenging responsibilities as a strategic business partner for a robust Sales organization
- Experience providing HRBP support to client-facing functions (sales and professional services) within a high technology, privately held, or telecommunications organization
- Proven experience in influencing HR strategy and programs based on business needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR responsibilities for regional and field office sales employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Must be able to deal with most confidential data on a regularly base and need highest level of personal integrity and discretion
- Must possess a broad range of communication skills to cope with the day-to-day workload and various levels of counterparts
- Acts independently with a high level of authority regarding all day-to-day issues. General strategies and goals have to be agreed upon with the HR Director in order to ensure consistency within Avaya and to support the overall intention of having harmonized tools/systems/processes.
*monster (new york)