- Experienced Network Engineer with solid vendor management skills along with substantial experience supporting a multi-vendor environment - Cisco, Avaya and Siemens.
- Experience supporting automotive manufacturing is desired, core knowledge of routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VoIP, VPN’s, etc.
- Strong experience with troubleshooting using protocol analyzers, complete understanding of Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing concepts
- Maintain and update network documentation including network diagrams and configurations, prepare white papers, training documents, or technical presentations as required.
- Evaluate new products/services/vendors and provide technical recommendations
- Maintain knowledge of networking technologies and leading industry trends
- Network Protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL’s, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts & Port Channels
- Hardware: Avaya (Nortel) - 8600ERS & 8100 Passports, 5500 & 4500 series switches, 450, 460 & 470 switches. Cisco - Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 platforms, 6500 series & 3560 switches. Siemens Openscape Platform. Wireless, Cisco Air-AP1242 & AP1231
- Network Management Systems: HP Network Node Manager and Service Manager, Cisco Works LMS, WCS, WLSE, ACS, and DCNM, Net-Scout Performance Manager, Infinistream.
- Knowledge of MPLS, Metro Ethernet, SIP Trunking
- Responsible for problem tracking and incident management as well as project management for key network activities.
- Possesses strong customer service skills, is detail-oriented, and has excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills with the ability to drive solutions to IT operational issues
- 5+ years of Network Operations experience
- Experience working in datacenter or manufacturing environments
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- ITIL V3 Certifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.