As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management , patient communication s, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makershospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payersto better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a full time Patient Access Representative in Dallas, TX. This position works from 7:00am until 3:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and then 5:30am until 2:00pm on Friday and Saturday in the Emergency Department. Previous hospital registration experience preferred. Strong customer service skills required.
Responsible for greeting customers and providing assistance with Registration and Bed Control. Conducts patient/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, financial responsibilities, privacy practices and patient bill of rights. Ensures that pre-certification and/or authorization are obtained, patient liabilities are collected, and appropriate bed assignments are made.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology preferred
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
Some college coursework is preferred