Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS), a company of B.Braun Medical Inc., is a state licensed pharmacy also operating as a manufacturer registered with the FDA. CAPS services originate from a free-standing facility with a focus to provide daily admixing and delivery of parenteral drugs, solutions, and nutrition.
Pioneered in 1991, CAPS delivers high quality parenteral admixture services and solutions to dynamic and challenging pharmacy environments. CAPS has grown into a national network of state-licensed, FDA-registered pharmacies providing service to over 1000 hospitals and home care customers. From 25 nationwide locations, CAPS pharmacies operate 365 days a year to admix, dispense and deliver labeled patient specific and anticipatory IV prescriptions to our growing family of outsourcing partners. CAPS services allow client based pharmacists to focus less time on compounding IV solutions and more time on clinical work, while saving time and money.
CAPS is currently seeking a Product Manager in our Irvine, CA location. The Product Manager is responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities for assigned product areas through research, strategic planning and implementation. The Product Manager will also be responsible for achievement of various business objectives to include strategic, tactical projects and financial metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Conducts on-going research to define market needs (includes interfacing with hospital personnel and sales representatives, and literature review) to develop and maintain product lines.
• Creates promotions and sales programs to drive specific sales activity.
• Identifies product and service opportunities to meet market needs.
• Develops, analyzes and maintains competitive profiles for products and companies including literature resources.
• Update the annual and 5-year business plans to maximize the company's position, as well as participates in the formulation and development of department’s strategic plan.
• Develops short-term and long term product promotion strategies.
• Formulates effective pricing strategies.
• Produces and maintains accurate product sales forecasts in conjunction with Finance Department.
• Manages activities with members of various departments to implement the marketing plan (includes sales, operations, regulatory, quality assurance).
• Develops and manages new product introduction process, including written product proposals, project management, all launch activities, line extensions and modifications.
• Develops all marketing communications materials and promotional items (e.g. catalogs, brochures, press releases, websites and training materials) for assigned product line.
• Distributes updates on products, the market, and competitive activities.
• Creates and maintains all training and in-service materials for product line and conducts product demonstrations and seminars to internal and external personnel as requested.
• Provides technical product support to the sales force, operations and other departments.
• Coordinates participation at trade shows, workshops, meetings with customers, sales meetings and participates as required.
• Performs special projects as assigned.
• Leads team projects and cross-functional assignments.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To qualify for this position, candidate must possess a Bachelors or equivalent and/or MBA or advanced degree, 5-10 years of product management or equivalent experience with 2-3 years experience in specific product area, computer and/or sales background a plus. Position requires travel domestically and internationally by air and car.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer