We are looking for a focused, energetic individual who is looking to start their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, and extensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
What to Expect:
Network Engineering was created to meet the demands of developing technically talented managers that can help AT&T's network grow in the decades to come. The skills to succeed require candidates to learn new systems and technology quickly, to use data to develop sound network decisions, and to think critically. For those willing to work hard with their team on these goals, this program offers a compelling avenue for career growth and reward. Possible assignments are RF Engineer, Capacity Manager, Capacity Planner, and Project Manager.
Rotational Assignment: Network Engineering candidates will serve in an initial job for 12-24 months and then transition to a second developmental assignment. This will accelerate the candidates' knowledge and understanding of AT&T's network.
Professional Development: This program will provide candidates with monthly professional development opportunities that will include technical and industry briefings from leaders within AT&T as well as leadership instruction on topics like teamwork and conflict resolution.
Coaching: Network Engineering candidates will benefit from formal quarterly counseling with supervisors and constant coaching from supervisors and more experienced peers. Supervisors are specially selected and trained to help the candidates' transition from college to the Network Engineering team.
This is a full-time, paid position with employee benefits.
Responsible for developing network designs for wireless, wireline and broadband infrastructure. Applies the necessary tools and engineering principles to create and design the network infrastructure in accordance with approved guidelines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned technical projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Projects are typically high value long term projects. Project Manager leads cross functional teams to complete projects within allotted timeline and budget. Takes technical projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
KNOWLEDGE Acquires/demonstrates basic knowledge of principles and methods. Knowledge limited to specific processes/procedures needed to perform assignments within own work area. Basic knowledge of ATT technologies. Limited skill in technical field.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Focused on data gathering/compilation/verification. Completes routine tasks. Reviews/solves routine problems applying clearly defined standard procedures.
- INDEPENDENCE Highly directed and supervised; work is assigned, scheduled and prioritized by others. Works on detailed assignments. Work assignment is guided by standard procedures; judgment is minimal.
- CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Contributes through quality and efficiency of own work. Supports technical teams maintaining current technologies.
- COMMUNICATION Displays appropriate listening skills to receive training/directions. Exchanges procedural information with immediate colleagues and/or internal customers. Collaborates with others in own area and seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate. Seeks self-development opportunities; demonstrates aptitude for growth.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineering, Math or Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships internal to AT&T and to our external business partners.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills to assist in managing and driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques and procedures when making network modifications.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for an employment or work visa for this position.
- Internship/Co-op/School related project(s) demonstrating desire to work in Telecommunications environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), understanding of finance, modeling
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Required Qualifications -
- Understands IP Engineering Principles
- Understand Network systems, equipment and architecture
- Proficient in Product development and production
- Proficient in Program and Project Management
- Understand how to assess Vendor capabilities
- Proficient in Wireless Engineering Principles
Desired Qualifications -
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math or Sciences
- Six Sigma Training