Develop QA test cases and/or test scripts (automation) and contribute to project work task estimates. Design and maintain computer scripts to automate testing for both firmware and software testing. Programming languages may include: Python, Java, C#, or VB Script.
Author manual test cases with sufficient detail to be repeatable and reliable, and re-usable with specified data sets and account permissions.
Execute manual and automated tests on schedule with coordinated effort with field driving trips sometimes occurring overnight and over weekends.
Write accurate, reproducible, detailed defect reports, and assist development and User Acceptance Test teams in recreation of the problem, and retesting of the solution.
Report test authoring status, test execution status, and defect metrics according to schedule in an agile development / test cycle.
We are seeking a quality assurance automation analyst with a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. This is an intermediate level position for a seasoned software tester who thrives in a fast paced environment performing quality assurance testing, developing automated scripts, and reporting product defects that ultimately improve quality and client satisfaction. Candidates will provide engineering / testing activities in support for development and testing of Telematics solutions for multiple OEM, Aftermarket, and Lifecomm platforms. Candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience implementing and maintaining an automated test suite for firmware or software
- 2+ years of programming experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java, C#, VBscript
- Exposure to firmware/software testing on physical devices
- 2+ years of experience writing and executing manual test cases in an agile SDLC environment
- Problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented, dependable and trustworthy with a positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.