Tire Care Area Training Manager
The Area Training Manager will be responsible for support and design of Mechanical field training programs, support of field mechanics, support of the Tire Care field training programs, support of the Area Tire Care Manager as directed by Tire Care Operations, basic computer skills and any other reasonable and ethical request made by a direct supervisor.
The Area Training Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Field Mechanics Training and Support
- Training Manager will be required to support and administer a field training program designed to enhance current mechanics and develop new mechanics using a combination of computer based and hands on training. Additionally the Training Manager will support all mechanics in his Area by being consistently available by phone and e-mail for diagnostic and mechanical questions and support.
- Tire Sales and Service
- Training Manager will be responsible for maintaining industry standards and training for all Tire Care Technicians and supporting Area Tire Care Managers and in the completion of Technician Certifications, Inspections, Installations and Openings as directed by Tire Care Operations.
- Openings, Installations and Corporate Appearances
- Training Managers will be responsible for supporting Tire Care Openings, Mechanical Openings and any other Corporate Responsibilities as directed by Tire Care Operations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of heavy duty truck repairs and diagnostics.
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and knowledge of the AS400 operating system is a definite plus.
- Must be able to be available by phone at all hours of the day and night.
- Must be consistently able to travel as much as 5 days a week.
- Must have some basic Management and Teaching skills.
- Must be able to provide experience history and ASE or other work related certifications.
- A/C certification required.
- Criminal Background, MVR, and Drug Screen required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 pounds on a regular basis. (ex. Tire Changing)
- Must be able to work with multiple different personalities
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must be able to act as an educator in the field of Heavy Duty Repair
- Must be able to support Company Objectives and goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.