As a Holiday Security Guard, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life during the fast-paced holiday season. Associates in this role perform a number of functions that are critical to offering our customers the best experience when they shop in our store. While all holiday positions require working as part of a team to meet department and store objectives, your individual responsibilities will include deterring theft and maintaining a safe business environment.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Holiday Security Guard Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. All holiday associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position
- Visually monitor customer traffic entering and exiting the store
- Communicate suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/SecurityResponsible for reacting to alarm conditions at the doors should the EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) system activate
- Provide strong customer service by ensuring that customers do not leave with an EAS tag on their purchases
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed
- May perform audit functions in high shortage areas
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Loss Prevention Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store Loss Prevention Manager
- Maintain a safe business environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
High School degree or equivalent and/or related Criminal Justice/Administration of Justice preferred. Complete all Security training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law. Prior retail security experience preferred but not required.
Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
No mathematical skills required.
Ability to adapt to possible stressful and hostile situations. Must be able to use judgment and apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. Extended periods of sitting are also involved. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved. Ability to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities involved include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to use restraints in an apprehension. Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
Ability to interact with customers positively and in a friendly and accommodating manner. Comfortable using a PC and open to learning new systems and applications. Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment. Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Comfortable in using a PC, and open to learning new systems and applications.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include early morning, day, late evening, weekends, holidays, and major sales events based on department and store/company needs.
Macys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.