The Memory Care Program Director will manage the overall operation of the Memory Care Neighborhood in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and Emeritus policies and procedures. Duties include developing and facilitating programming to meet the need of residents with Alzheimer's disease and dementia; conducting resident screenings and family interviews; planning, conducting and implementing staff training and coordinating educational opportunities; assisting in marketing and sales efforts; organizing and leading Resident Aide meetings; and providing written reports. Other responsibilities are hiring, training and directing the work of all Memory Care employees; maintaining regular communication with resident family members.
Position requirements include:
• This is a full-time position with some weekends and some travel required.
• A basic knowledge of Alzheimer's Disease and related dementia and a desire to serve residents and families of the Memory
• Gerontological experience preferred or 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare setting.
• Leadership skills and the ability to coordinate care across disciplines (including Life Enrichment, Dining Services, etc.).
• Creativity and quality teamwork skills are a must.
• Computer proficiency.
• Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors.
• Must meet all health requirements, including TB, and pass background checks.
To learn more about how you can make a difference and to search for opportunities in your area, click below to visit us online. We would love to hear from you.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Family is Committed to Yours.