Seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to work on developing next generation Financial Market Data Java applications. Must be a self-starter, able to research and solve problems individually while working in a small, geographically-distributed team. Looking for someone who has strong communication skills (both written and oral), able to multi-task, and eager to learn new technologies.
• Design and develop new features in Perseus Market Data Server (PMDS) application. PMDS is a large scale distributed in-memory query engine designed to provide traders their mission critical reference data using a NoSQL solution written in Java on top of the Gigaspaces framework.
• Work with Product Management to refine and analyze business requirements, then translate that into software design.
• In-depth experience in Core Java, including multithreading and how to wring best performance out of the code
• Knowledge of UNIX
• Knowledge of Python and shell scripting
• Securities industry experience
• Experience working with Gigaspaces XAP or Hadoop, VoltDB, or a NoSQL solution.
• Experience in Agile development methodology, ideally using RallyDev
• Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS (Sybase)
• Experience with Subversion, Maven, Eclipse
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
• 3-5 years experience building software applications