The MM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Staffing, Training, and Performance Management [60% of time]
Assemble and manage a fully engaged and high performing membership team that aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the MM will:
o Participate in MC selection by reviewing applications, interviewing and making hiring recommendations to the Club Manager.
o Keep the club fully staffed with qualified MCs to appropriately meet Membership Department needs.
o Train the MC Team to generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, and guest passes.
o Train MCs on delivering a personalized, guest-centric Sell Well tours and utilizing all company membership tools supporting new member enrollment and follow-up.
o Train the MC Team on current marketing campaigns in order to effectively communicate to members and prospective members.
- Performance Management/Development
o Manage MC performance by watching behaviors, coaching, and creating a can-do working environment.
o Conduct weekly meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, inspiration, and guidance toward achieving individual and club goals.
o Along with the MC, set monthly, weekly and daily targets that are challenging but obtainable.
o Offer career growth and advancement opportunity mentoring.
o Create and deliver corrective action to MCs who fail to exhibit the desired behaviors and/or who do not meet performance expectations.
o Strategically manage MC schedule within budgeted hours and/or business demands submitted to and approved by the CM.
o Meet with CM to review sales performance, club statistics and personal performance.
- Manager on Duty
o The MM will be cross-trained in primary responsibilities of the Service Manager (SM) and Fitness Manager (FM). When no other managers are in the club, the MM will act as the Manager on Duty to be available for any and all member issues.
o Cross-functional training with other departments will allow MMs to better serve members and support their own career development.
Club Tours & Presentations [20% of time]
- Create a great guest experience by delivering a personalized, guest-centric “Sell Well” Tour.
- Inspire guests to purchase memberships. Turn every guest club visit into a new member relationship by listening to guests’ goals, presenting 24 Hour Fitness in a way that best connects with them, and establishing trust in 24 Hour Fitness through transparent pricing, open dialogue, and passion for fitness.
- Integrate how personal training can play a vital role in achieving fitness goals with 100% of prospective new members.
- Present the opportunity to purchase fitness with 100% of new memberships.
Member and Prospective Member Service and Follow-up [20% of time]
- Create an outstanding member experience; follow up with current members to see if they are achieving their fitness goals. Serve as a resource for their questions or concerns, and put them in touch with the right 24HF resources as appropriate to ensure members are getting to their fitness goals.
- Generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, and guest passes.
- Manage and follow-up on 100% of Web Leads, e-mail referrals, Missed Guests, and any other referrals.
- Help deliver on our Service Promise of a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club.
- As a contributing team member, assist the front desk as necessary allowing members to receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Management experience in sales/service industry
- Coaching/Motivation ability
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
- General understanding of Fitness Industry
- Ability to work with computers
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
Certifications / Educational Level:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must complete company sales training and orientation programs
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- Demonstrated success in a service-oriented sales environment
- Preferred: Prior management experience in service sales industry leading 3-10 employees
- Preferred: Experience in fitness membership sales
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- Travel: Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10 percent of the time
- Ability to access and operate Company computer system including document preparation, data entry, and reading reports from a computer data base or e-mail system
- Ability to communicate telephonically with members and prospective members
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.